My mom came and helped me this week make Mike's, then I have been working aaaaallllllllllllll day on the boy's. Here are pictures of the final product; now keep in mind, I still have to make a Yoda hat, tunics and whatever else they decide they need to complete their costumes, but I am very impressed with my craftieness- this is by far the biggest sewing project of my Susie Home-maker career! The boys, LOVED them! I only finished them a few minutes before bed time, but they didn't want to take them off. I'm hoping I'll be able to convince them not to wear them to church tomorrow! Oh and for those of you, like me, who don't know all the inns and outs of Star Wars etiquette, good Jedi Knights wear brown robes and the bad guys have black ones. Wesley was thrilled to be the hero and wanted a whole team of good guys with him, so he assigned Mike and Adam to be brown robed with him. I tried to talk Alex into being a good guy, but he was sure he wanted to be a villain with a black robe. Now, what is Mom going to be?....
Saturday, September 4, 2010
My Jedi Knights
For months, Alex and Wesley have been adamant about what they want to be for Halloween; Wesley is going to be Anakin Skywalker from Star Wars and Alex wants to be Count Dooku. They want Adam to be Yoda and Dad to be a Jedi Warrior. Well, what does every self respecting Star Wars character have?...a Jedi Robe.




My mom came and helped me this week make Mike's, then I have been working aaaaallllllllllllll day on the boy's. Here are pictures of the final product; now keep in mind, I still have to make a Yoda hat, tunics and whatever else they decide they need to complete their costumes, but I am very impressed with my craftieness- this is by far the biggest sewing project of my Susie Home-maker career! The boys, LOVED them! I only finished them a few minutes before bed time, but they didn't want to take them off. I'm hoping I'll be able to convince them not to wear them to church tomorrow! Oh and for those of you, like me, who don't know all the inns and outs of Star Wars etiquette, good Jedi Knights wear brown robes and the bad guys have black ones. Wesley was thrilled to be the hero and wanted a whole team of good guys with him, so he assigned Mike and Adam to be brown robed with him. I tried to talk Alex into being a good guy, but he was sure he wanted to be a villain with a black robe. Now, what is Mom going to be?....
My mom came and helped me this week make Mike's, then I have been working aaaaallllllllllllll day on the boy's. Here are pictures of the final product; now keep in mind, I still have to make a Yoda hat, tunics and whatever else they decide they need to complete their costumes, but I am very impressed with my craftieness- this is by far the biggest sewing project of my Susie Home-maker career! The boys, LOVED them! I only finished them a few minutes before bed time, but they didn't want to take them off. I'm hoping I'll be able to convince them not to wear them to church tomorrow! Oh and for those of you, like me, who don't know all the inns and outs of Star Wars etiquette, good Jedi Knights wear brown robes and the bad guys have black ones. Wesley was thrilled to be the hero and wanted a whole team of good guys with him, so he assigned Mike and Adam to be brown robed with him. I tried to talk Alex into being a good guy, but he was sure he wanted to be a villain with a black robe. Now, what is Mom going to be?....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a good and patient mommy you are. They look great!
I am super impressed! Great work! Maybe you should be Princess Leia.
Post a Comment