Yesterday was a monumental day for me.... I returned two packages of unused diapers and pullups to Walmart. Yes, that's right, we are a DIAPER FREE FAMILY!
We have been working with Alex for about a year and a half, he had wetting down after about a month, it was the other kind of potty he had issues with... (sorry) He was just scared of going #2, so after a LOOOOOONG time and millions of different tactics he's finally exclusively in skivies (underpants) and pretty much accident free!
About a month before Wes turned 3 I decided it was time to potty train him, we worked for almost a month with little success, he just was not ready. So, I reluctantly gave up and have tried again every few months since then, and finally, on our fourth try, the potty training took, and it stuck. He has not had an accident for almost a month now and he's just started telling me himself when he needs to go instead of me reminding him that it's time to go.
It is a major milestone for the Dollar family, we're looking forward to many months with no diapers (hopefully it's not too much longer until we get to buy teeny diapers)! It is amazing to go places and only take my wallet and cell phone, no diaper bag, every once in a while I'll be at the store or at the bank or somewhere else and have a wave of panic hit me, "Oh no! Where is my bag, did i leave it somewhere, has it been stolen.... oh wait, it's at home in the closet because I have no need for it anymore..... SWEET!"
2 comments:
Oh, I'm jealous. I've only been a diaper-bag-carrying-mom for a year, and I already miss the cute little purses, or just grabbing my wallet & keys....
:)
Congrats!
Hi Kels! It's Tiffany. I found your blog from Brooke's Blog so I thought I would say hello. I have a blog too. Check it out @ http://jntalldredge.blogspot.com. Hope all is well. Keep in touch.
Post a Comment