Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Putting up the Christmas Tree

That's right, its 8 days before Thanksgiving and I'm listening to Christmas music and putting up the tree! Yeah!!



Can you tell how excited Wesley was to unpack all the decorations!

I know, these make vary beautiful crowns and scarves!



Adam was in fact there for all the excitement, he was just buckled in his highchair so he couldn't do any damage, he was quite offended that was left out of the fun!



What luck, Alex found a huge, long piece of shiny tinsel!
I know you can't tell from this picture, but the star has a picture of me in it from about 1989- wow, its survived a long time for a paper star with glitter and glue!


Each year, Laura gives everyone a unique ornament for the tree, it is such a fun tradition! This is Mike's from 1983 (yep, for those of you that are keeping track, that's the year I was born-lol)



Mike and I were talking about how his Dad and my Mom both have very "scientific" ways to put the lights on the tree- we have no idea what we're doing, we just wrap them around....


Alex made this ball 3 years ago at Giant Steps, the white paint is a hand print- what a fun decoration- you can't really tell, but his hands were so small :)



Alex was very concerned that we didn't have a star for the top of the tree- so we made one. We started with a cone made out of paper and decorated it with crayons. Then cut out and colored paper stars and painted them with glitter and glued them onto the cone- yep, we're high class!



Here is our tree with almost all home made decorations- keep in mind that most of the ornaments were made by one of us when we were under the age of 5. I think it looks beautiful and the boys are so proud of it!


I'm sure there's a setting on my camera that would let me take a better picture in the dark, but this was as good as I could get... The finished Product:

4 comments:

[Stacia] said...

I love it!

Lisa Henderson said...

I think you inspired me to break out some decorations!

Landmark Lighting said...

I love to put up my decorations! Who care how early it is!

Linda said...

I haven't checked in on your guys for a long time. What fun pictures and what a great way to keep an account. The tree is Beautiful!! The family is beautiful! I can't believe how much the boys have grown. My love to all. Aunt Linda